Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another argument lost

Last night John was interviewing me about my "career" for homework. 

Q: What is your job title?
A: Archaeologist

Q: Where do you work?
A: At home mostly.

Q: What type of goods or services do you provide?
A: Hmmm... We help preserve history.

John: So you don't provide anything.
Me: No. Yes. It's hard to explain.

John: Well what it MEANS when it says goods and services is that you provide SOMETHING!
Me: Wait a minute! Let me try to explain-

The more I tried the more frustrated he became and the more convinced I was that he was right.

John: Just forget it.  Your job doesn't provide any goods or services that anyone wants.

Maybe the interview should have been on my career as a mother, except he probably would have come to the same conclusion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, I can't wait for my kids to get older so we can have fun conversations like this, where they actually use logic :)

Yo said...

It would be nice if everything was so black and white - most of our lives are spent in the gray!

Tommy said...

So, what DO you do??

Ken and Kelly said...

This made me smile yesterday and after the day I had yesterday smiling was fantastic...thanks for that. I am not sure I am looking forward to Avery getting older so she can say things to me like that.

korie said...

You're back! Great Post.