Sunday, January 9, 2011

The best I can do.

Here's the response to all the suggestions-- and, oh yeah, thanks for caring.

Tommy: I would write on your blog anytime, but I don't know how to animate a llama's mouth to sync with the Humpty Dance.

Jack: As you know, Bill Supah (aka Supa, Soupa) was our version of Art Vandelay.  He was discovered, named, and promoted by Beth.  All I know is that he has really made a name for himself, a name that still appears from time to time.  I also have a vague memory of Bill Supah and a certain sauna. And to those of you who don't know who Art Vandelay is-- for shame!

Korie:  I would write more about my kids if they ever did anything exciting, cute, or noteworthy.  They haven't. We didn't celebrate Christmas this year.

Beth:  Sorry I missed your call, but really, can't you take a hint? If you need to contact me do so through Facebook.

Meri: Thanks for the lengthy list of ideas.  But I'm feeling lazy and so if you want to read about any of that stuff I suggest you start at the beginning of my blog and read through to today.  That should take care of it.

Jennifer: Your list gave me a headache.  Do you even know the latest on textile research?  All I know is S-warp and Z-warp if that's even right. If you want to read about CRM, transportation theories, obsidian sourcing, and core/periphery theory then maybe you should be reading Dr. J's blog.  Although, your list did make me think about writing a post titled, "How to survey 7 access roads in one day".

Jaime: The most annoying thing anyone has said to me since the pregnancy has been, "Congratulations!"  Just kidding.  The only thing I can think of is my feeling that I am too old to be pregnant and how I think that overshadows everyone's comments.  I always feel like when they ask how old my other kids are they assume that I have teenage children and that I am being irresponsible bringing a baby into the world when I am 35. I know it's not true, but that's how my hormones interpret it.

The other day my mom told me she knows why I haven't felt like writing, I've lost my sense of humor. It's true. Life has gotten pretty serious around here.  Seriously nauseating.

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Well, Debbie Downer. At least you haven't lost your sense of saying what you think. And by the way, you have no idea what I have been working on for my blog...no idea.

korie said...

cop out...

But I'll still keep reading. Or should I say oh that's so cute...

Jaime said...

A for effort. Ther personal responses increased your overall score, but we know you have "it" in you...
Let it out Lyssa, Let. it. out.

Unknown said...

you always make me laugh. please don't stop writing your blog.