I had to write this down so I can remember it later... especially since John asked me this afternoon if this was his first Mother's Day because he doesn't remember ever celebrating it before. It's not surprising, we aren't crazy about celebrations at our house, especially if left up to Jared.
This morning I was greeted with a sack breakfast in bed that Kitty had put together at school. She was so excited to give it to me that she woke up at the crack of dawn. The bag had a juice box, a granola bar, and she ran to the kitchen and added some string cheese.
This afternoon my kids made me stay in my room while they set up a surprise. I have to admit-- this made me nervous. When they were finished they blindfolded me and brought me out to the living room where they had set up stations. There was a sign that read: "Every seat reserved for mommy. The whole room is reserved for mommy."
The first station was the couch where a blanket and pillow were spread out. John laid me down, brought me my kindle and told me I could have quiet time for 10 minutes. Kitty brought me a note that said, "5:23 May Mother's Day" so I could "remember the time forever". After 10 minutes they led me to the next station-- a chair set up with a bowl of snacks and the remote to the t.v. After a few minutes, I moved to the other chair where another book was waiting. Finally, they took me back to my room and propped my feet up so I could relax.
I was so impressed and I felt very loved. As I tried to explain to Jared, I would much rather have this show of appreciation than any gift in the world.
2 comments:
Happy Mothers Day! I'm glad you were much appreciated on this day.
That is so sweet!! I love it!
Post a Comment