This weekend we had a bout of the stomach flu surge through our family. It pretty much went like this: chain reaction vomiting with a major blow-out diaper in the middle just to keep the vomiting on a roll. Happy Mother's Day.
Yesterday we were still not feeling well and I had Sandy take chickie for the rest of the day and over night. Chickie's baby immunity seems to have protected her from the worst of it, which is good, but when everyone else is sick except the busy, energetic baby it's a problem.
After school today John introduced chickie to a friend of his by saying, "this is our baby I was telling you about... The one who had to be taken away."
Normally I wouldn't care what your average 9 year old thought, but there were several adults within earshot and so I started yammering on with way too much information regarding the flu, grandma, and child protective services. By the end of my awkward spiel I'm sure that anyone who was still listening (I shouldn't flatter myself) wasn't surprised the baby had been "taken away".
I'm a dork.
Does anyone even say "dork" these days? Probably not, which just strengthens my case.
Major dork.
2 comments:
That's almost like the time Kenzie, who was supposed to go home with Denise after an activity day evening, yelled at me for showing up instead in the foyer of the church, "I want to go with my other mother!" Nothing like a nice loud polygamy statment at the church, eh?
Or the time I totally just forgot to pick up Finn who then proceeded to tell everyone at scouts I forgot I had three children. You're in good dork company!
Post a Comment