I am really tired of reading about everyone's perfect life. Get over it people. Just because your kid is 5 and has never heard of McDonalds does not make you the parent of the year. My kid was 2 when he learned to say "eat, eat!" whenever we passed the golden arches and I was proud of his intellect. One of my earliest memories is of my Bompa taking us to McDonalds and it was a special, exciting treat. Did he buy into the marketing scheme? Maybe. Did we? You bet! I know it is not a healthy choice, and I know our nation is dying of obesity brought on by Big Macs, but guess what? My kids eat McDonalds, and so do I. So in that vein I plan to go around promoting myself as an awful parent who lets her children eat cheeseburgers. Sue me.
Guess what else?
Kitty sleeps on the couch, John sleeps on my floor, and Chickie sleeps in a crib. I'm sure allowing all of this dysfunction to pervade will stunt my children's ability to grow up to be responsible adults. Who cares where your children sleep as long as everyone gets enough??? It's not like there's no structure in our home. Kitty says she is ready for bed, gets out her blankets, lays on the couch, and immediately falls asleep. See? Independent. Responsible.
And oh yeah, I let Chickie take drinks from my soda. It's true. She loves it. But don't worry, I haven't put any in her bottle... yet.
| Fighting at the doggy door. |
7 comments:
I am so glad that I am not alone out here in the world of parenting the way we should not. LOL…..You are the one with the back bone to tell it like it is. Anyone who judges is a LIER…. I personally HATE McDonalds so the kids don’t eat that; BUT we do love chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, and sometimes Burger King…
I'll meet you at McDonalds anytime. Let's play at the play place too. That will help the kids build up their immune-systems! You can get your Dr Pepper and I'll have a Coke. They have the BEST soda there!
P.S.
Love is all you need!
I was waaaay to health conscious when you were very little. So you don't even remember me making homemade egg noodles, why did I spend that time when I could have been playing with my kids and finding ways to say yes instead of no or even worse "maybe later" biggest lie I told as a Mom.
I have this one friend who, I swear, has no rules. They've got candy all over the house, she never cooks, her youngest got an i-touch when he was 5. 5! And, AND there are weeks at a time when they skip church to play in softball tournaments! Yet they are so much more well adjusted than my kids. I keep asking myself what I'm doing wrong and I think the answer is: making rules.
You have to watch the clip jack sent you about "mcdonalds not wanting you..." its hilarious! And dont even get me started about video game time allottment...
I get up every morning to try and figure out where my kids are. Which couch .. which bed .. which floor. It's where ever they land. True. But it doesn't interrupt mine .. so I'm thinking win win.
Post a Comment