I woke to both kids running in with a small bouquet of flowers that Jared gave them to give to me. That was pleasant. I got up to have Kitty eagerly present me with her gift. She picked it out special for me... The look on her face as she handed it to me was so pure. Jared took her to the dollar store to pick it out. He said she went up and down every aisle looking at everything and then suddenly stopped and pointed to this, the perfect gift for me:
John declined the trip to the dollar store because he had been working on something all week at school for me. Because he was sick on Friday he hadn't finished it and was very disappointed. He didn't bring it home today, maybe it will be ready tomorrow. I can't wait.
I couldn't believe when we visited my parents that the two kids played outside for about an hour TOGETHER. That in and of itself was a blessing.
Since both kids had been sick this week I decided not to fight the battle of church. I felt a sense of dread as I thought of the rest of the day couped up-- it usually means trouble. But yesterday as I lay on the couch with both of my children I realized I was actually ENJOYING my time with them.
I was actually looking forward to spending time with them. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I have been looking for every opportunity to have a guilt-free break from them since I can remember. It sounds terrible but it is the truth. I am tired from the struggle and this weekend the struggle was significantly minimized. Minimized to the point that I found myself enjoying both kids. It was amazing and precious.
I finally got to taste another of the bountiful fruits of being a mother. This one was tender and sweet. I don't know how long it will last but I am savoring every moment.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good Mothers Day. I didn't get my Mothers Day until yesterday. Nathan is trying to make it up to me slowly :)
I'm sure Kitty has a reason for the lube. You know some people swear that it's a cure for everything :)
I am just so so happy for you girlfriend! I'm thrilled you had a mother's joy enjoying that - being a mom...
Post a Comment