Tonight I was talking to John about how he sometimes becomes fixated on things and can't let them go.
"Your brain is like a broken record... you know?"
"Yeah. Like someone has a brain that is really good at something but mine is better than their's so I broke their record."
Why did I think he would know what a record was when we aren't even in the age of CDs anymore?
Although... he has probably broken several records I don't want to know about.
4 comments:
So after reading this I tried to make up my own anaolgy that got at the same point with an object/ experience they would understand. I failed. I may have to indtroduce them to records just so I can use this line.
I did that too Jaime! I couldn't come up with anything so ended up having to explain the whole record player to him!
I love that even though John doesnt know what a record is, he still made it work for him in his own mind. That's one cleaver kid!
I, like John, have broken many records with various parts of my body.
Post a Comment