Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Organic hair

I tried to embrace the natural state of my hair today... it didn't work.

Here's the thing...

I got my hair colored a few weeks ago and ever since it has had an extra frizzy, very difficult texture.  Today I decided to "go with it".  In fact, I even sprayed it for a little MORE volume.  I convinced myself, "this is cool, hip and edgy."  I fought the urge to pull it back into my standard pony.

I felt like Diana Ross, I looked like Don King, and I decided I was ok with it.  Then I ventured into public.  I suddenly felt like my brother did when he was a foot taller than everyone in high school.  Tommy would insist that everyone was looking out of the corner's of their eyes at him as he walked by.  By my second stop, the hair was tamed by the old rubber band.

Baby steps to organic hair.  I will set the trend-- just not today.

3 comments:

sevenchicksandaguy said...

ahh man where is the picture?

Beth Freestone said...

That is pretty funny and I was looking forward to a picture. To be serious, I think you should call Kathryn to see what she can do to fix it!

Shay Brackney said...

I just choked on my good & plenty reading this...what a mental picture you make! :)