I'm super impatient. So I don't blame anyone for skipping over this post of tons of pictures. This is one of those posts that goes down for posterity. Although, I acknowledge that I do have a few "readers" who prefer blogs with pictures, so if you qualify-- this one is for you.
I have been going to Priest Lake for 20 years. I have only missed a few summers. We love it, and now my kids love it too. John had tears when we left, and for a few nights after we got home. He misses it that much. When he was crying on the way to the airport, Kitty said, "I know! Let's think about what we won't miss."
We made this list:
Big bugs (I think we saw three)
Getting sand in your bottom
Rinsing sand off your feet
That's all we could come up with...
 |
| She asked me to take this picture-- it is totally posed. |
 |
| Kitty's energy quickly ran out and she couldn't keep from laying on the sand and going to sleep. |
 |
| Ok, really? I forgot to format this one? Turn your computer. Remember? Impatient. Steep, rickety stairs leading down to the river. |
 |
| Drive-by fishing at the bottom of the stairs. |
 |
| Love this boy. Don't love the freckled, wrinkled look I'm sporting. Hand me the airbrush... |
 |
| Kitty's photos of the flowers at the gallery. |
 |
| Kitty's version again. |
 |
| Kitty's shadow. |
Until next year...
2 comments:
Alyssa,
Your trip to the lake looks like a lot of fun! In fact, if I look at Jared's picture and squint really hard whil squeezing a lime from my lunch of tacos al pastor, in my eye, it almost looks like your husband is having a good time:)
I'm glad you are having a fun summer, maybe a summer visit to beautiful NC, is in your future???? We came out there last year.....so I guess you kind of owe us:)
-Blake
You left me wanting more! I bet you never get that feeling from my blog. And by the way it's your blog you don't have to make excuses. Post all the darn pictures you want. Especially for those of us who miss seeing your no-need-to-be-airbrushed face! And your sweet kids.
Post a Comment