Tuesday, November 9, 2010

6 weeks, 1 day--no more no less.

I figured since my children inadvertantly found out and since Kitty has been spilling the beans to anyone within ear-shot, I might as well make the formal announcement.  Ready, here it is, all creative-like and cutesy:

#3 due July 4

Ugh.  If you know me at all, you know that I am not one of those glowingly happy pregnant people.  In fact, I turn into Eeyore and can't stop complaining (everytime I read over that last sentence I read "eyesore" instead of Eeyore, which might be just as fitting). 

My house smells like pot-roast, and not in a yummy Sunday dinner kind of way.

I hate the new air fresheners I put in the bathrooms last month, I am considering burying them in the backyard.

The Febreze laundry detergent is going to cause nausea for YEARS to come, just as even looking at maternity clothes brings on the dry heaves again.

You know it's bad when you drive through Sonic at happy hour and order a Limeade, what?

Here's the thing though... I figure I earned my bad attitude back in 2001 when I was really sick for a really long time (not 9 mos, but still).  I've done my time with misery.  Anything that comes up after that is just above and beyond what should be expected from any normal person.  To quote my favorite Modern Family character, Cam: "and I would not make a very inspirational disabled person..."

Misery loves company and if you don't like it then don't come around and talk to me.

12 comments:

Shay Brackney said...

Congrats, Alyssa. And I'm not sure you can be a bigger complainer than I was during my 2 bouts of pregnancy...so I'm more than happy to sit with you...and lend you an ear...it's not like it will be for 10 months or longer, right? ;)

Kristan said...

Congrats Lysa!

Photography by Wendy said...

Congratulations! So many wonderful things have been invented since you suffered in 2001. I wouldn't have survived 9 months of nausea without Zofran. Now if you have any tips for keeping my 14 month old in line during church, I'm open to ideas. I never should have judged the other mothers 14 months ago.

Beth Freestone said...

What???!?!?!?!? Just kidding. Too bad I gave most of my mat clothes away last summer. Just an excuse to get some that are new and way cuter than they were before! I remember having "smell" issues as well. Fun times!

Ken and Kelly said...

Let me know if you need baby stuff had a friend give me hers...lol Congrats

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, does this mean you won't let me rub your belly? Because I'm a belly-rubber. But I do always ask first. Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!

Cindy said...

I'll try to not be too excited when I see you. When I was feeling awful during pregnancy, I was very irritated at others being so HAPPY for me.

korie said...

How did I miss this!!!!! Not even a phone call!!! Congrats!!! Wish I was there to enjoy this with you. Or help you enjoy it anyway.

Yo said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and Jared. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds:)

natalie said...

omg! what were you thinking! just kidding. are we ever going to see you at aerobics again. i'm sure i'll see you at chick-fil-a, unless you've developed an adversion to chicken.

The Harts said...

Whaaat! That's awesome. Congratulations to you guys... how cool. (And the modern family quote fits perfectly... that Cam is so eloquent). Good luck!!

Unknown said...

misery here. congratulations! the world really does need more cute and amazing children like yours!

by the way, i'm expecting as well. due sometime late july :).