I know it's the Super Bowl and that the rest of the nation is tuned in to see the commercials. On the other hand, I am tuned in to "Toddlers and Tiaras". I've never actually watched an entire episode until today. It is, literally, giving me an anxiety attack.
One of the mom's said: "If you're not prepared for a glitz pageant it feels frightening because you're not prepared." Really.
Did you know that the little girls wear fake nails now too? A Madonna cone-bra dress on a 3 year old?
How about giving 5 year olds coffee on pageant day? Or pixie sticks? What's next, speed?
One of the judges said that you had to have a "professional" pageant dress to even be considered.
It's too bad because I was thinking about how refreshing it would be to see a real little girl get up there with all her childish charm and win the contest.
Since when has it been cute or beautiful to be a bratty, snotty little girl who slaps her mom?
The moms are so obsessed and sometimes mean to their two year olds. That's irritating. Also, I find it ironic that the moms are usually overweight and wearing sweats. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not the thinnest and can be found in sweats more often than not, but if I entered Kitty into one of these contests I think my appearance might subconsciously sway the judges one way or another.
I think I'll turn it to football now, my heart can't handle much more of this insanity.
5 comments:
I watched an episode today too! I did think, hmmm coffee?!? Also I didn't want Taralynn to win the ultimate superior glitz groovie girl whatever but of course she did. It is totally sickening and disgusting and the Moms and Dads are like "its a family thing, they love it, I've spent $10,000 this year already on dresses and stylists and props and, and, and....".
Oops, did someone slip me some coffee?
I agree on every point. However I did not tune into football we watched may too much... I guess you missed the one where the pageant boss stole all the winnings and the girls got nothing but IOU's.
Our favorite line was, "She Luxury-ated across the stage."
I've never seen an episode before, the previews are enough for me! Just seeing that mom wax her poor little girl's eyebrows made me want to shake her. There certainly are some crazies out there.
Ok!Ok.Ok...Okay. We have to talk about this because we did too. Did you see the little boy? And we were also commenting on the overweight moms--that is something to take up with the therapist. And do you like how they spend all that money and then they live in a trailor (not that there's anything wrong with that...). And the "gripper" also known as dentures to the rest of us. Really, fake teeth to hide their baby teeth? come on.
THANK goodness my dentist would never make a "flipper" for a little kid. I watch the show just to see the nut jobs out there and secretly hope one day the moms will be hauled away in handcuffs.
I would never enter Avery in something like that, but sometimes it's nice to know there are worse parents out there than me.
Kelly P
Post a Comment