Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend update

Jared and I had a fun weekend sans kids.  After we dropped them off with Grammie Saturday we went home and waited around until it was officially after our bedtime and got ready to hit the town.  Adam Carolla was playing at the local Comedy Club, and if you know Jared, then you know he is in love with Adam Carolla.  The last time he was in town we failed to get tickets, but this time we decided not to miss it.

So we changed into our "club" clothes and drove to the venue.  As we got in line to enter, I looked around and realized that contrary to popular belief, Jared and I are NOT club people.  It had been at least ten years since I had gone anywhere like this.  We both just stood there like the typical boring conservative couple.  

We got there at least 40 minutes early but apparently not early enough.  As they herded us in we ended up on the first row of the upper level.  We were squished in like sardines with no leg room.  When Jared had removed a chair that popped out of place the waitress yelled at him, but when he showed her there was no way it would fit back in the row she gave up.  I was practically sitting on the laps of the larger couple to my right.  Then came time to order our "2 item" minimum.  The same snarky waitress practically rolled her eyes when I ordered a $4 coke.

Luckily when the lights went down we relaxed and enjoyed the show.  I think there were a few times when Jared laughed the most of anyone, usually because Adam uses Southern California references that Jared knows all too well. Adam Carolla can complain about anything and usually it's about the same things Jared complains about.

The next day Jared took me out to the shooting range where I practiced shooting my Glock 9mm (aka the home protection weapon).  After watching a few episodes of Top Shot I thought I could hit anything.  I'm not great, but at least I could hit the target most of the time.  I also shot his .38 special revolver and his Les Baer 45.  I liked the revolver the best, but after a while I got tired of shooting.  Jared could spend the whole day out there.

1 comment:

News from the Craigs said...

Sounds like you guys had a great "date weekend"! Also, I didnt know Jared liked Adam Corrola...Interesting.