| And today is a good day. |
I'm one of those sensitive people. My physiology is fragile. My physical well-being hinges on a delicate equilibrium. In addition to a whole slew of medications, I have decided that I am also allergic to pregnancy. I know, it's a major medical break-through.
There have been several occasions during the past 9 months where I have muttered to myself, "this baby is trying to kill me." I know it's not intentional, but it sometimes feels like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will love this baby... in about two weeks.
With that said, I am ready to reclaim what once was mine, namely: My ankles, my digestion, and I would say my sleep habits, but I know that won't happen for a while, so instead I'll say my hormones.
Other post-partum items I look forward to:
General mobility
Wearing my wedding ring instead of the one I got from Target that is two sizes bigger
Selecting from more than two pairs of pants and three shirts
Sleeping on my back
My previously svelte figure (just kidding)
Exercise
Taking a deep breath
Eating a full meal without the threat of heartburn
Not having to visit every public restroom
Dr. Pepper? Maybe. I haven't been able to tolerate it this time around and part of me hopes I won't crave it later, but another part of me hopes that I do.
And I know my family is looking forward to the day I take Zoloft again.
| My attempt at the popular "artsy" foot shot. I had to lean forward to find them. |
Two weeks...
7 comments:
Oh man---I remember those days. Hang in there! Good thing you have pictures to always remember!
Two weeks...and counting! I also look forward to your post-partum habits as well. It makes me feel less guilty about my soda habit when I have a good friend to enjoy it with. I don't think I have it in me to stop, so for my own selfish reasons, I really hope you develop a taste for the brown saccharin again:)
Oh how I feel for you! I thought I was the only one graveling in self pity
. I've come to terms with the fact that we're just too old for this. Good luck I'm so happy for you that you only have about two weeks. I've got about 5. If I go all five. It's going to get bad.
Aw, your poor feet! I remember how much that hurt! Reading this brought back all my own uncomfortable pregnancy memories. Here's hoping it will be a quick 2 weeks!
I, too, have a pregnancy allergy, which is why I take great pains to avoid it. As soon as I saw those feet I felt sympathy pregnancy pains for you and became violently nauseous.
My feet swell with pregnancy as well!! With the first one it was super bad!!! Almost there!! Can't wait to see pics! At least u don't live here where it's 100 degrees right now!
i always feel like i'm baking bread in my shoes when i'm pregnant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F43JU0N5DM
Post a Comment