Sometimes I get what Jared and I call "paralyzed" which is another word for overwhelmed. School starts this week (hooray) and I spent the last week full on stressing about my kids' placement. We necessitated a transfer which I will probably go into in another post sometime, and I'm pretty sure the district forgot about us until I started calling and freaking out. Anyway, I was stressed and then I just crashed and stopped worrying about everything.
And then I got bored.
I like to start fresh every school year with goals that involve healthy homemade lunches, homemade dinner every night followed by homework, scripture study, family prayer, preparing for the morning and an early bedtime. I convinced myself that in order to achieve this perfection I needed a "drop zone" for backpacks, shoes, and school clutter. Long story short I spent most of my day on Saturday rearranging things that didn't need rearranging only to decide my whole house is a "drop zone" and there was nothing I could do about it. Pretty much I started with a bookshelf and it snowballed into organizing a closet, a portion of the garage, the winter gear, and the tools.
Now I sit here looking around feeling antsy and bored because I'm paralyzed from the disorder of my reality.
Plus I still don't know where the backpack crap is going to go.
1 comment:
Nothing good ever comes from trying to organize. YOu just set yourself up for disappointment when everyone else can't stick to the rules of organization.
Post a Comment