Thursday, May 9, 2013

I opened a can of peaches that said "No sugar added", took a bite and gagged.  A closer inspection revealed "sweetened with Splenda" on the bottom of the label.  What a waste.  Not only did I inadvertently buy the no sugar added peaches, but I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners (with the big exception being diet Dr. Pepper, whatever).  Are peaches in their natural state of sweetness that bitter? Why can't there be unsweetened peaches? Would I buy them?

And while I'm thinking about sugar, here's the thing- when I'm pregnant it makes me feel yucky. It leaves a taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of unless I counteract it with a savory option.  Sugar makes me feel more nauseated within about ten minutes.  For some reason though, I still find myself trying to enjoy all the prevalent sugary snacks that surround me. You would think if it made me feel bad I wouldn't want it, but I still eat it.

Chickie finishing off the jar of peanut butter, no allergy here!


1 comment:

Beth Freestone said...

I totally agree...now I check the no sugar added. What a rip. We just want fruit!