Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nothing much.

Don't read this if you want substance. I already know that this post is going to lack focus and coherency. This is the result of thinking about updating the blog all day.

Today Kitty was jumping off the stairs into the big pile of laundry shouting

Cow-wa-fornia!

I ran to get the camera and realized once I looked through the viewfinder that there was no way I was taking a picture. Not only was the mountain of laundry absurdly huge, but the mess above on the landing was obnoxious. I considered getting a creative shot (because I wish I could be one of those bloggers) of just her feet in midair or something but even then I would undoubtedly find a mess in the background. That is just the way my house is on any given Thursday.


Shortly after the laundry got sorted (thanks for the help Kitty!) I received a call from John's school. Since it was Debbie, a woman I've never heard of, I knew he wasn't in trouble, but was probably sick.


Yep. A fever.


When I picked him up they informed me he wasn't allowed to come back until 24 hours after his fever diminished. In my mind I quickly thought, "Here's to an extra long weekend..."


But when we got home I could tell this wasn't any old fever, this was a sick, feeling miserable kind of fever.


He described it as:


My classroom was really warm because it is a really nice day but I started shaking and not normal shaking, but feeling really uncomfortable and yucky shaking like I was cold, but it's not cold, it's a really warm day.


It was like he couldn't reconcile the shakes with the warmth of temperature. The world doesn't make sense when you have a 103 degree fever. You might hallucinate and see Darth Vader and the light bulbs might change colors. At least those are my memories of a horrible fever when I was his age.


I could tell he wasn't feeling well this evening when he was asleep and I thought I heard him cry out (which he does nearly every night) but when I went in to calm him he was sitting up laughing. He is NEVER laughing when he gets startled awake.


So that's it. Kitty has an annoying cold/cough and John has a raging fever. Both of them combined probably constitute a case of swine flu, although the nurse at the Dr.'s office told me they aren't testing for it unless it's a "high risk" case. I wasn't asking for a test, or even a consideration, all I wanted was cough medicine with codeine. But since they decided to take the day off to learn their new computer system we have to wait for the relief that is codeine.


Do you like how I tried to compensate for the lack of creative pictures? I know, colored text and fancy fonts only go so far... so here is a picture of sweet kitty having fun for those of you who need pictures.

3 comments:

alana said...

Hey .. Happy Mother's Day. Maybe now you won't have to go to church .. sick kids and all!

korie said...

I enjoy your pictures and your words. I am always have a lack of words but never pictures :)

Shay Brackney said...

I visited Meri...thanks for directing me!