There's not much going on but I'm still writing about it.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
It's a sordid affair...
I have slowly, and sometimes secretly, worked the Dr Pepper back into my life. It doesn't give me the same pleasure, but we can't seem to live without each other.
I am reading a book and just the other day the author wrote "the more we try to coerce ourselves into 'changing', the more entrenched our habits become." DP is not going to kill you. You will quit it when you are ready. In full disclosure, I am drinking a can of the Dr right now...
I am not let down. I "quit" drinking caffeine soda about 4-5 different times before the time when I knew it was truly the end. It's definitely a process and you will quit when you want to. We all have different vices it just depends how we deal with them. Progress is the only true indicator. I swear I am not that preachy in real life...okay maybe a little sometimes. BTW Jaime and I bought a Mo Rocca book at the Dollar Tree a few months back in your honor (I think it's called All the Presidents Pets). My intent is to read it and then regift it to you. Have you read it? If not... a free book may be on its way soon!
Seriously Lysa, don't beat yourself up about a little Dr addiction. I am just proud that with your stressful life, you don't drink a glass of wine every evening or at the most severe, have a relationship with Mary Jane. Keep your head up. You are not bad because you drink an occasional Dr. You just have bad taste. (long live Coca Cola!)
4 comments:
I am reading a book and just the other day the author wrote "the more we try to coerce ourselves into 'changing', the more entrenched our habits become." DP is not going to kill you. You will quit it when you are ready. In full disclosure, I am drinking a can of the Dr right now...
I am not let down. I "quit" drinking caffeine soda about 4-5 different times before the time when I knew it was truly the end. It's definitely a process and you will quit when you want to. We all have different vices it just depends how we deal with them. Progress is the only true indicator. I swear I am not that preachy in real life...okay maybe a little sometimes. BTW Jaime and I bought a Mo Rocca book at the Dollar Tree a few months back in your honor (I think it's called All the Presidents Pets). My intent is to read it and then regift it to you. Have you read it? If not... a free book may be on its way soon!
the book is not part of any dr pepper incentive program in case you were wondering. it's just because we like you.
Seriously Lysa, don't beat yourself up about a little Dr addiction. I am just proud that with your stressful life, you don't drink a glass of wine every evening or at the most severe, have a relationship with Mary Jane. Keep your head up. You are not bad because you drink an occasional Dr. You just have bad taste. (long live Coca Cola!)
Post a Comment