I am not ashamed to admit that there are times I wonder how to transform myself into THAT woman. You know the one with the blog that has cool pictures, cool dishes, and a house full of furnishings you swear you could have if you just knew which thrift store to hit? The woman who seems to have fun with her kids by simply being outside in their wild, yet green and manicured yard. The one who makes gourmet meals on a daily basis and then takes time to take a photo with fresh flowers in the background.
As much as I can appreciate the aesthetic and beauty of THOSE people's lives, I do not appreciate some people's attempts at imitation. There is something to be said for being genuine.
Therefore, as much as I long to have a sense of style like some of my blogging counterparts, the truth of the matter is that I don't really. The pictures will remain a little weird, the content somewhat bland, and the background will always reveal any truth I'm trying to hide (ie. laundry).
So in my own way I might appear to be making fun of the beautiful blogs. That's only because I can't be a beautiful blog myself, so I have to mock them. Didn't we all learn that in grade school?
3 comments:
truth is .. your content is never bland. truth is ... I like you because you are so real .. truth is .. I love your laundry - cause it reminds me of - me!
Who really needs a clean house or manicured lawn anyway?? My opinion is they are hiding behind those appearances to somehow relieve the pain they feel about themselves inwardly. Not really...but it makes me feel better to think that!
It is ok. You can be jealous of my blog anytime.
Post a Comment