Thursday, July 15, 2010

Do you know this lady?

I decided to multi-task today.  It was the best multi-tasking I've done in my whole life.  If you know me at all, you know I don't do more than one thing at a time or I go berserk.  Anyway, I took my work laptop to my pedicure and it was the best hour of work I've ever spent... not to mention that the money I was earning seriously offset the pedicure fee.

But here's where the story begins.  The woman in the chair next to me was also getting a pedi... and an mani.... Simultaneously.  Picture Dorothy in the Emerald City but as a frosty-tipped hair middle-aged woman with a tan and short shorts.  I wouldn't have cared except the poor Asian woman doing the manicure had to keep coming over on my side to get to the woman's right hand and my personal space felt a bit compromised.

I worked and soaked.  Simultaneously.

And she wouldn't stop talking.  Another benefit to bringing the laptop?  Quickly typing a list of topics she rattled on about.  Here it is:
  • "Do you have organic nail polish?"--  "Do you think if I brought in my own you could use it on me?"  --"You really should consider buying organic nail polish. Then I could tell ALL my friends to come here for the organic nail polish..." -- "How about organic lotion?  Do you have any organic lotion?" -- "You really should consider...."
  • "Ooooh.  I smell something... what IS that smell?" --  "No it's not the lotion, it's something chemical..." -- "Oh, it's the alcohol?  Boy that sure is strong... the odor... burns my nose..."
  • As she was getting her forearm massaged:  "Oh, now that feels nice... that's my tennis and golfing arm, it get's so sore..."
  • "Ow!  That's a little rough!  You need to lighten up, that is too hard." -- "Oh dear, now that tickles, you're tickling me..." --  "I am just so sensitive... my feet are so sensitive..."
  • "You can turn the TV to anything you want... it's up to you what you watch..." -- "Do you get Fox News?" -- "I really don't like Soap Operas, do you?"--  "I really prefer Fox News".
Amazing I got any work done at all.

7 comments:

Beth Freestone said...

That is so funny and annoying--and Fox News may say it all!!

Robin said...

I think I met her at Dimension nails! Does she have 'buggie' eyes?? lol

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh! That is where I was Robin! Maybe it was the same lady!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how obnoxious! Good thing for all of us that you had your laptop with you!

Unknown said...

oh wow...love that description!! Glad you got some cute toes from the whole crazy experience!!! AHHH pedis!
PS yes lets set up a marriage with our kids...easton would love it! :)

Ford Family said...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was so annoying!

Ken and Kelly said...

WHAT I watch Fox News and am nothing like that Beth....I am offended! Ok not really. That lady sounds like some of the ladies that come into where I work...ughhh really blarg