Friday, September 24, 2010

A random post...again

I was running a little late but needed to stop for my Sonic Happy Hour Route 44oz Dr. Pepper. 

I was speeding down the freeway at over 75 mph when I reached to take a drink of my soda.

All of the sudden the lid popped off and the drink spilled all over my lap and the floor.

The order of my thoughts:
1. MY DRINK!!!  GONE!!!
2. At least it spilled on my thighs and not my-
3. Crap it's flowing under my legs and settling into a puddle at the back of the seat
4. Do I have a change of clothes?
5. I'd better pull over.

I pulled over, climbed over the seats and grabbed a towel from the back.  Wiped up my seat, emptied the floor mat and got back on the road. 

Knowing I would soon arrive at my destination I turned the air to high and opened the windows and sunroof hoping to dry my pants off a little.

(I actually considered taking my pants off to let them dry by hanging them outside the window, but I didn't think I could maneuver to get them off and then back on again).

75 mph with the windows open is a little too gusty and the pants didn't seem to be getting any better.

So I closed the windows and the sunroof.

I moved my head a little to the right and realized I had closed a whole chunk of my hair in the sunroof (remember-- gusty).

I got to the soccer store, took a deep breath, swallowed my pride and went in looking like a harried lady who waited too long to find a restroom. 

No wonder no one wanted to help me.
Try as I might, I will never quite grasp the art of being a "soccer mom".

8 comments:

natalie said...

thanks for the laugh

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Natalie said :)

korie said...

I can just picture it! I think you must have forgotten you have long hair now.

P.S. Target has some soccer stuff and it's a lot closer to Sonic!

alana said...

Try football. It's more forgiving.

Shay Brackney said...

i LOVE that you went in anyway...u r my personal hero...

Robin said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh! Just wish I was there to greet you at the soccer store:)

Beth Freestone said...

See? Dr. Pepper is evil. That was a sign.

Mel said...

Ha! Thanks for the laugh! Just last week, I got a RT 44 vanilla coke after I dropped the kids off at school. I got out of the car, hands full of course, walked up the steps, opened the door, and the cup collapsed in my hand! Coke and precious Sonic ice, all over the mud room floor! My first thought was to salvage any tiny ice cube I could! I caught myself scooping up ice and actually thinking, 'how dirty can the floor be, really?!'. I regained my senses very quickly when I pulled up the rug to take it outside & hose it, & saw what was underneath! Classic signs of a junkie.... I learned my lesson. From now on, I will bring my own refillable milk jug, or get my monster size drinks "double cupped"! :)