Remember in grade and middle school when you had to cut out articles from the newspaper, summarize them and express your opinion about them? I wonder, do they do that anymore seeing as newspapers are obsolete... I hated doing it, but have found myself itching to express my opinion on several of the current events in our world.
Today I would like to talk about the trapped Chilean miners. I read that there were 33 of them trapped in a room roughly 150 sq feet with a few narrow tunnels below them. I also read that it is plenty of space for them. Maybe if you choose to be a miner you don't have issues with personal space.
A few weeks ago they were talking about having the men establish a "clean zone" and a "dirty zone". The dirty zone is for where the men are supposed to exercise because several of the men are bigger than the escape route will be. Call me crazy, but if you are going to be trapped in a mine for up to four months I have a feeling you are going to lose weight. I hardly think a diet is going to help. As a matter of fact, I read today that they are now sending down high protein, high calorie liquid food for them because they have all lost an average of 22 lbs.
Finally, I am sorely disappointed that my most burning question has been avoided in the press-- Where are they going to the bathroom??? I've seen first hand how quickly a port-a-potty fills up with less than 33 people in a week.
Am I the only person wondering about that?
1 comment:
maybe that's what they aren't really telling you. The 'dirty zone' is the bathroom and the 'clean zone' is where you eat. Not vice versa cause that wouldn't work.
Post a Comment