Monday, September 20, 2010

What's another word for cracker?

I pride myself in being pretty self-sufficient.  I like being able to fix things, put things together, figure things out-- you get the idea. 

He may not be super organized, he may be a borderline hoarder, he may talk like a sailor, and he may be just a tad bit obsessive-compulsive, but every once in a while Jared impresses me with his hidden talents.

Last night as I finished up the dishes I called to Jared, "I smell gas."  He just laughed and blamed it on the dogs.  "No. Like natural gas."

He asked me to get him a bowl of soapy water and he went out to our gas line and brushed it with the water.  Sure enough, a little bubble began to form and we had pin-pointed the leak. 

I asked him where he learned this technique and he told me it was from his book, Cracker Ingenuity.  What I thought was a tacky book he asked me to send him while he served in Iraq actually turned out to be useful.

I am proud to be associated with my self-proclaimed "cracker" husband.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I hate the name of that book. Now I have to go buy it. Kudos on not dying of CO2 poisoning.

korie said...

Now we are all a little smarter thanks to Jared!

korie said...

Oh wait I meant to say...
So cute!