Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A love letter from John

After a pretty animated tantrum and mounting consequences, John found himself grounded from all electronics (including the TV), without dinner, and confined to his room.  He handed me this letter as I passed his door on the way down the hall:

Dear stupid Mommy and Daddy,

You are the most idiotic and stupidest people I know. You don't love me. You don't like me. You guys are the worst. I wish I could run away. I'm starving. I wish I had a phone, I would call the cops. Chickie is the only one who loves me. You think torturing me is fun. I hate you guys, I don't love you and I don't like you.

From your thoroughly tortured son: John

P.S. You think I'm worth $0.00

Later, when he had "thoroughly" calmed down, he said to me, "I wish I could go back in time and not give you that letter."

2 comments:

Shay Brackney said...

Priceless...you know you're doing something right when... :)

natalie said...

I just laughed my butt off. of course, only because it was you and not me. on the bright side he has a really good vocabulary.