Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chia seeds, bed bugs and bullies

Following the latest nutrition trend, I bought me some Chia seeds.  They are supposed to be good for more than just harvesting your own batch of tacky decor.  I put them in my smoothie-- my green smoothie. The seeds grow a membrane when wet and they get slimy.  I was picking Chia seeds out of my teeth and washing them out of my sink all day. Beth said they look like bed bugs. I would like to suggest that not only do they look like bed bugs, but like bed bugs they are impossible to get rid of, they are full of protein, and don't taste all that good. I keep trying them and have come to the conclusion that they suck.

After two suspensions, two days in the Principal's office, and a bout with a pretty bad virus (all within the past two weeks), John has once again landed on the school attendance "watch list". I don't know what this means except you get a phone call and a semi-threatening letter.  What am I supposed to do? Send my contagious son to school to lash out both verbally and physically so you can suspend him again? It's a vicious cycle and I've toyed with the idea of updating the Bully Blog... but that takes time and effort. Time and effort I should be spending teaching my son not to draw pictures of cutting off the substitute teacher's head (he's so creative).

I've also been thinking about adding a new pin board on pinterest called "The stupidest pins I've ever seen" but then I might offend some people and give others the wrong idea about me because as much as I hate to admit it, I care what people think (kind of).
Kitty designed her own 100th day shirt, made with 100 bells. She actually likes school, go figure.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man. I read sink as skin and was so freaked out. I kept thinking, "how do they come out of your skin??" But I believed they could, which tells you just how little I understand the workings of the human body. But I do know this: anything that looks like a bed bug should not be eaten.

Beth Freestone said...

In defense of all things chia-I like them. But I kind of like things that are crunchy and chewy. They are both. I think the appeal to the part of me that likes frog eye salad. They are also a little crunchy like sesame seeds. Anyway...

News from the Craigs said...

I keep seeing you guys posting about these "chia" seeds...and I still have no idea what they are and where you get them...I hate not being cool and in the know...stupid Idaho. Love you sister.
PS maybe you could post a picture of said seeds..