I love snow days. Especially when they fall on Fridays. Woo hoo, bring on the long weekend.
I love that it took me the entire day to clean the kitchen, and that it's still not finished.
I love getting everyone dressed in snow gear just to have them come back in 10 minutes later.
I love that I made lunch at least three times and by the time I finished the last request it was time to start on dinner.
I love the pent-up-energy-furniture-jumping and spontaneous doll drop-kicks.
The constant fighting, sarcasm, screaming, and random mouth noises are music to my ears.
I love that our dish can't hold a signal in the rain, let alone 18 inches of snow.
I love that a game of Yahtzee turned into a full blown temper tantrum (mine).
I love that Jared shoveled and you can't even tell.
I took a Just Dance 3 break and that may be the highlight of the day. It was the highlight of Chickie's day too, she laughed at me the whole time.
And Jared wonders why when John and Kitty went to bed with their pj's inside out and a spoon under their pillows (a sure-fire trick to summon a snow day), I made certain my pj's were nowhere near inside out and all the silverware was accounted for.
2 comments:
Snow days were always the best growing up. Now that I have kids though, I'm so glad I live somewhere I don't have to worry about snow days.
I love that you mentioned the sarcasm... I wonder where they learned it?
Post a Comment