Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snidely Whiplash

John likes to Google.  He likes to find cool pictures and use them as his profile for his school class chatroom.  He's found all kinds of cool giant squid pictures, don't ask me why, but he likes freakish sea creatures. 

We have a rule that no one Googles anything without permission. But rules get broken (by John).

Today I noticed a website saved on my desktop.  I clicked it to find this picture of a "bad guy" connected to a blog written by a self-described Single Manhatten Homo. I was a little concerned about the content of the blog because there was a liberal amount of swearing, but knowing my son, I am pretty sure he was only after the picture (right?). 

I decided to post this picture of Snidely Whiplash* (the "bad guy" who brought all this about) so if John Googles it again, maybe he will be directed to my blog instead.


But here's my true confession.  Maybe it was the sparkling, glittery header, the witty descriptions, or the alternative lifestyle, but the Single Manhatten Homo pulled me in.  I paged through a few posts and decided that, despite the language barrier, Single Manhatten Homo was pretty funny and entertaining. He described his latest break-up. It is so hard to be friends after you break-up, we've all been there, you just can't do it.  I could relate to his critique of Los Angeles. I was as suprised as he was when his "very Asian" friend from New York showed up at a restaurant in San Fransico. I liked that he called his group of friends "the divas".  He likes to tan, I like to be tan.


The End.


*Only someone like Jared would actually know this cartoon villian's name.  Bonus points if you know which cartoon he's from.

3 comments:

Jack said...

i am guessing bullwinkle...and now i will google it to make sure and i also check out a new blog!

Beth Freestone said...

My guess is also Rocky and Bullwinkle...

That is pretty funny....

Unknown said...

Dudley Do Right. And I didn't even have to google it (I did have to Shawn it though). But I believe Dudley was shown during Rocky and Bullwinkle.