I've noticed a trend in learning your "Love Language". I have to confess I haven't read the book or attended any lectures. I don't even know the options. I think it is probably interesting and helpful to know how you and your partner express love.
I already know our love language-- Bickering. I'm pretty confident you won't find it defined in the book so I will do that now.
Those who express their love through bickering are often misunderstood by others. The constant banter can be misconstrued as anger. But for the bickerers they are simply stimulating one another's intellect, ability to reason, and formulate logical arguments. Teasing, chiding, and challenging is one way we say, "you are valuable and important in my life."
Complicated and possibly dysfunctional? Totally.
4 comments:
I love this. This is exactly how my husband and I are, and I totally agree that it is often missunderstood by others. My mother actually expressed concern for our marriage after witnessing one of our bicker moments! What? That's just how we talk! We are more in love now than ever! Oh well, it's nice to know there are people out there who understand.
exactly. now can you tell this to everyone we know and hang out with...
Okay- That totally makes me laugh!! The sad thing is I have read the 5 love languages, I know what speaks his language, yet I don't do anything about it! :)
I love your blog. You are very clever. I think you may be on to something. Last night at dinner, Ryan commented, "We have to argue, it bonds us together."
Post a Comment