Actually, I love Bogda. I can't say enough about how she has helped and saved me since we've lived here. But occasionally I find myself tired.
Tired of agreeing with hair-brained ideas.
Tired of saying "I don't know" when she asks me what to do with her ill behaved children.
Tired of listening to her have a conniption over something I feel is pretty mundane.
The other day as we walked our children to school she almost had a coronary describing how Obama is going to ruin our country, society, and the world. I don't know if he is or not, so I just listened.
"Lysa, what? That Osama (her pet name for our Commander in Chief) wants to spend 8 billion to study honey bees?! He's an F%&ing Moron!!"
Don't worry the children were out of ear shot.
It's a good thing she was on enough of a rant that I couldn't get a word in edge-wise, because I was tired and probably would have said a few things I would regret for the rest of the walk.
Then on the way home I tried to change the subject and it somehow turned into a recap of a movie she saw arguing that 9/11 was a government conspiracy. Again, I listened and said, "Yeah... I don't think so...." She continued to present the evidence and tried to convince me.
Again, the opinionated part of me started to boil up, but instead I just shook my head, smiled and said, "The government can't even get health care right, I don't think they could pull it off..." as I walked into my house.
Today the conversation was centered around the cold weather. Bogda is convinced that because she stood in the cold everyday of her childhood and froze her feet and knees waiting for the bus the cold ruined her bones. She attributes her aching feet to those days at the bus stop. Never mind that she works like a horse 20 hours a day.
There are people you can argue with and then there is Bogda. It doesn't pay off, I've tried it before and she still brings it up to convince me I was (and still am) wrong.
It's easier to just let her blow a fuse and be done with it.
1 comment:
just keep blowing it off. this was actually pretty funny to read - you are quite the writer my friend. The first Sunday at church you gave the lesson and talked about her and her garden. I feel like I know this mysterious woman! Keep up the great stories .. even if it does make you tired. It's great entertainment for the rest of us!!
Post a Comment