
I had some serious insight into my life this weekend.
I didn't date much in my youth (don't worry though, I'm TOTALLY over it). I thought I was attractive enough, smart, witty, what more could anyone want?
Well I'll tell you what they wanted-- Someone who had a normal hairstyle.
Forget the old stand-by excuse: "I was just too tall, guys were only interested in the skinny, petite girls."
Enter the new excuse: "I had one bad hairstyle after another, they couldn't see past the mushroom cloud."
This is the most embarrassing picture-- I almost didn't post it. It was my attempt at the short-lived "shag" trend and the joker-esque lipstick smile.
The ever popular "pyramid" style and huge round glasses.
Ok, so this one is a wig.
Don't even get me started on the googly eye...
7 comments:
I'm totally laughing. But don't you see the similarity to Julia Roberts in the "shag/joker" picture?! I was thinking the same thing as I was going through old pictures yesterday. I had issues with bangs and perms. Yuck! Thanks for starting this stroll down memory lane!
I am also laughing! This last weekend I realized that I was not only a dork but that I was also a huge Tom-Boy. I didn't think I was that much but let's be honest, we had a bad time with fashion in the 80's and 90's... But I think we pulled through! SISTER POWER
You are totally a crack up!! I remember the 'mushroom' style and at the time I thought it was kind of cute, but looking back at my old pics...yikes!! What was I thinking?? I wonder what we will say about the popular styles 'now' in about 20 yrs??
p.s. I kind of like the wig look! lol
I can't even think of anything to say...I'm just laughing. Not at you of coarse!
DUDE!!!! That last one is mos def my favorite. your hair rocks!
I salute you! That is bravery in it's purest form. I don't think I could post the "bad hair" pic's. Don't feel bad...you know we ALL had them!
LOL! I think I had all those same styles!!! And the huge glasses!
Post a Comment