I think I'm getting old and out of style. Ok, not getting, I am old and out of style.
Do you remember that place the kids call the "mall"? I haven't been to one in months, possibly even a year. I just saw a news story about the crowds at the mall. I got to thinking, what are those people buying?
If you can't find it at Target, Costco, Nordstrom Rack, or TJ Maxx then I know it's too expensive and not worth my time.
This is how I know I'm a nerd.
Back in the day I used to shop at the mall all the time. I bought my makeup from the MAC counter, my shoes from Nordstrom, and my clothes from the Gap, Banana Republic, and J Crew. Now if I want a "name brand" I go to the outlets and balk at the prices. And really, are these aforementioned stores even considered cool anymore? Probably only for out of style moms.
Back in those days, "Christmas shopping" meant going to the mall. Now it means facing the toy aisle with all the indecisive grandparents, parents, and children (don't get me started).
Does anyone go to the mall anymore? Tell me you don't, it would make me feel better.

9 comments:
What's a mall??
I'll join your 'nerd' club Alyssa cause we aren't really out-of-style! We're just practical!! lol
Ask anyone...I actually go into cold shakes when confronted with the mall....ugh...any place in the world is safer than the mall.
I'm a mall goer! Sorry I've been there 3 times this week. But I don't think this makes me any cooler than you. I'm the one dealing with the crazy crowds and parking. But my mall is less than 5 min. away.
Have not been to a mall in quite a while either. We usually go to look at the dogs in the pet shop. We go to outdoor malls more often than indoor ones, they are much more fun!
Not often, and when I do, I find I am even older than I thought I was because I find sentences like these coming out of my mouth, "Is that child really wearing that?" "These hoodlums must not have parents" and "No wonder teen pregnancy is on the rise!"
(Although buying a new dress Sat night at Express and playing at the MAC counter are some of my fave college memories of the freestone sistas!)
The mall? I have to have like a 'plan' when I do venture that way. Which means ... I have to go in the door closest to that store so it's less walking .. less looking at weird teenagers. I just feel uncomfortable in that place these days.
I'll join your club!
I haven't been to the mall in a very long time. Although I do like the idea of the mall, I always end up leaving somewhat depressed because of not buying anything from their inflated prices. I have officially gone from mall-shopper to Bargain-shopper, which makes the mall not a good place for me.
The mall is over rated. We went and couldn't find anything. Ugh. I think it is hilarious that Jaime called us the "Freestone" sisters! The MAC counter was fun....I haven't been to Express in ages but they did have cute dresses!!
All my fav stores!! And if I do go to the mall we have out door ones and can just go to the store I need.
Post a Comment