Monday, October 4, 2010

Here's the thing--

I'm nosey.  I prefer to call myself an observer, but really I like to snoop and come to my own conclusions.  But not in a bad, uncomfortable, voyeuristic way-- just in a curious "I'm understanding your story" way.

I've been this way ever since I can remember.  I remember finding the Prenatal vitamins in my parent's bathroom and knowing something was up before my mom announced the impending birth of my youngest sister.

Don't freak out, but if you have your blinds open and lights on at night, I am going to be peering into your house as I drive by.  Would it be strange if I were to knock on the door of the house on the corner and ask to see how their downstairs level differs from mine?  Yes it would.  Is it easier to just drive by slowly and come to my own conclusion?  Yes it is.

I read into cryptic conversation.  I notice when you might be going to an OB in the same building as John's counselor.  I am a detective.  I find things out.  I notice when one person seems to endlessly comment on your status updates on Facebook.  Speaking of Facebook...  if you are interesting to me, I will snoop your profile to figure out who you are and why.  I can come up with so much untyped information about you by reading between the lines... looking at pictures...

So pretty much, if this post makes you uncomfortable don't worry, I already know your secrets.

5 comments:

korie said...

I have so many secrets. Why don't you come over and snoop around at my house. I would welcome it. So did you find out any more information on the OB topic that was previously discussed? (Man I hope I spelled all that right.)

Beth Freestone said...

Freaky doggy. I kind of pride myself in reading between the lines and being a detective also. We should start an agency!

alana said...

figure out who I really really dislike on Facebook? It shouldn't be hard to get this question right.

Tommy said...

Well - that explains the insatiable need you have to unwrap Christmas presents and re-tape them so nobody could tell. Remind me when you might be driving by, I just might not be wearing any clothes.

And yes, I said insatiable.

Anonymous said...

The funny thing about this is that it could be a kind of creepy quality to have in someone else, but in you it ends up being endearing. I love learning more about you.