One of my favorite people moved away today.
It makes me sad.
It has been a while since I have had good friends. It was as much by choice as anything else. I didn't feel like I could relate to people in a way that would mean a close friendship.
But then I went to aerobics and it changed my life. OK, social life.
Korie and I bonded over sit ups, kick boxing, and tricky aerobic dances. I was usually going the wrong way, struggling with my two left feet, and I was always at least one beat behind. So we would laugh as we faced each other (because I turned the wrong way).
But the real bonding took place on Fridays when we would drive to Chick-Fil-A immediately after aerobics. Those Friday lunches are probably what kept me going to aerobics (and kept me from losing any weight).
Korie is the kind of person who is friends with everyone, but when you are with her she treats you like one of her favorite people. That is a characteristic I noticed and admired about her even before aerobics.
So thanks for getting me out of my rut, my shell, my house.
I know it's hard to believe, but I miss you already.
1 comment:
That is really bittersweet. I am close to tears. It is hard to find close friends at this age. I don't really have too many outside of work-and not really any I can have fun with at Chick Fil A. Will you still go to aerobics?
Post a Comment