Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A little religion...

Tonight Kitty was teaching me a new song she learned at school:

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly,
Perhaps she'll CRY...

My mind began racing asking myself, "Since when did it become a problem to say DIE?"

"Probably because it's a religious preschool," I told myself.

I was deep in thought as she started again:

There was an old lady who swallowed a shell,
I don't know why she swallowed a shell--

"She'll go to HELL" I finished in my head for her. "Again with the religion," I thought.

Instead she sang:

She wouldn't TELL...

Whatever.

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

What is this world coming to? A pre-school that discourages death...or hell for that matter! What's left to use as a scare tactic for adolescence?

Shay Brackney said...

Isn't it funny? I grew up sitting Indian style and saying the whole pledge of allegiance and I turned out okay -- well, I guess that's debateable, but, you know what I mean...this PC crap makes me nuts! :)

Cindy said...

Wow, just think of the possibilities... There was an old lady who swallowed a yak, I don't know why she swallowed a yak, Perhaps her mom didn't pack a HEALTHY snack!