Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Music From the Past Part I
So Tommy, in an attempt to totally copy you I was rummaging through my old music and I always come back to the old stand-bys, The Jesus and Mary Chain.
Back in high school and college they were one of my favorite bands. They have several songs that just make me smile and remember the good old days of my youth. This was back when I listened to music and prided myself on knowing all the cool "alternative" bands. You know, back when I was alternative.
I think I've seen them live at least three times. Once at the 1992 Lollapalooza, once in 1993 when I got kicked in the face, and once in 1995 at Saltair. I remember just before the 1995 concert Beth and I purchased MAC lipstick, a first of many shades. Mike and I made the drive from Idaho for the concert. I also remember that the singer (aka Jim Ried) dropped the microphone during one song and totally started laughing.
I am posting this video, not only because it is one of my favorite all time songs, but also because it cracks me up. See if you can find the "one of these kids doesn't belong here"-- I'm still laughing.
**P.S. As any true fan knows, they are NOT English brothers, but in fact, Irish brothers. I know that bothered you as much as it did me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So never even heard of this band .. thanks for the intro. I love the white pants.
Alternative? You? Really??
I loved Jesus and Mary Chain from their first album Psychocandy. My hair was inspired by their hair and based on your hair post I think yours was at times as well. I do think it's funny that I never knew what a fan you were. And when did Chico DeBarge join the band?
Oh my gosh. I am laughing out loud! "Chico Debarge" thinks he's in a "Dancin'on the Ceiling" video! Good memories Lysa. You were always so much cooler than me when it came to music. Watching that video brought back old feelings of being young when life was full of mystery. Doesn't the singer (forgot his name, sorry) seem mysterious especially with those glasses and crouching down backwards during the song?
I knew it was only a matter of time before you posted something about JAMC. Was the black guy in the band when you saw them perform? he he he
Post a Comment