I don't usually like to toot my own horn, but I am totally in LOVE with my quilt. I started it Saturday and finished it Sunday. It isn't huge, just big enough for my family room.
I got inspired to try a quilt when I decided it didn't have to be made from old lady fabric and when I saw this promisingly easy pattern. It was quite easy, except I can NOT recommend the pattern or the book it comes from-- too much ambiguity and very poor illustrations.
Do I sound like a sewing snob now?
Seriously, I am so pleased with it. I wanted to wait to wash it so that it would crinkle a little and look aged, but now I am afraid to do it because I didn't think about the red courdoroy bleeding. Now if I could just translate the feel, colors and look to the rest of my house I would smile all day.
12 comments:
Very hip and chic! I LOVE it! If only I could sew!
You are my new hero. Period.
brag away--its lovely. its almost like a bigger ladder type pattern?ready to help me bind my latest attempt?
LOVE the fabrics! Definately brag-worthy!
Nice quilt! You know there is a quilting museum in Golden. You could go there and hang out with all the old ladies and chat about stuff while all working on a quilt or something. Seriously though, it looks great.
I was at Jo-Anns tonight and thought of you. You always find the cutest coordinating but not matching fabrics. I thought to myself, "how does she do it?". Really I did! The quilt it totally awesome, for sure!
I love it. I'm so impressed.
It looks great! A friend of mine just made her little girls some skirts out of the same flower material you used.
Wow! I love it! I want one! I dont know how to do the edging.
Looks great! I don't know if I am more impressed that you learned it from a book or bound it the same weekend. I have two quilt tops that have needed binding for about 5 years now. Definitely enjoy your new house, I mean quilt.
Are you taking orders??
I am in love triangle with you and that quilt!
Post a Comment