One of my favorite parts of the Olympics is listening to the commentators.
I am watching the female snowboard half-pipe competition and I hear the commentator say:
"It's like falling off the deck of your house, that's what these athletes are facing, a 20 foot drop."
Really, the deck of your house? Good analogy guy.
Actually, it works for Brady (my brother in law) who actually fell with the deck of his house maybe 10 years ago... while talking on the phone with Beth. I still laugh, but really it scarred him, he does not trust decking to this day.
3 comments:
We were watching the same thing. The funny thing about it is that one of those commentator is Pat Parnell. Back in my skating days Pat also skated and was on a few videos. He was always making fun of sports commentators, and pretend like he was one and would make wise cracks. Since then he has been commentating for a ton of sporting events. Oh the irony.
I wish there was an option to watch the Olympics with your favorite soundtrack. I don't want silence, but the commentators--they have to go! Maybe I will push mute and turn on Pandora.
I was just thinking of "the ice is slippery" comment the other day!! I still laugh too when I think of Brady and the deck!
Post a Comment