Sunday, February 28, 2010

More whiteboard art


Maybe it's because he is my offspring that I am so fascinated by John's artwork. I came up the other night to see him working on this. I didn't know what it was until he told me. So if you are confused, it helps to look at it in a different way. It is a picture of John (the black figure) painting in the garden and I am standing behind him (purple figure) watching.
I love the paintbrush. I love the "painted" line. I love the perspective. I love the grass along the bottom to ground his composition. I love how enveloped and cozy the whole thing feels. I hate that it was done on the whiteboard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really sweet. It made your mother teary just thinking about it. She is trying to think of a way to make it permanent. He definitely didn't get it directly from me.

korie said...

I have always been a fan of his art. I'm not the mom and I see something big in him. He is very artistic. Be proud it's good stuff.

Shay Brackney said...

It's darling. And I'm bummed for you too that it's on the white board. At least you have a picture and a blog post about it so you can keep it that way!