Saturday, March 21, 2009

Especially in this economy...

I know the economy sucks. I know it is going to get worse. These things bother me all the time.

I've been feeling a need to record my take on the "economic crisis" so I can look back at it and say:
"Oh, that wasn't so bad"
or
"Wow, remember when we had to darn our socks because no one could afford new ones?"

But really all I want to say is that if you want to turn an otherwise light-hearted conversation somber, just add "especially in this economy" to the end of your remarks. Instant downer and conversation stopper.

Totally opposite of the fun "in the bathtub" game. You just open any church hymnal and add "in the bathtub" to the title of the song. Instant humor and innocent irreverence-- I love it.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

I have never heard of the "in the bathtub" game. I was thinking about it, and if you really want to get irreverent, you can play the "in the bed" game too with the hymnals. I mean really, that would be super funny!
Especially in this economy.

Ford Family said...

Really...where are the pictures? You know what a short attention span I have!

korie said...

huh?