Based on some of the comments, I decided to write one last story about Bogda (for at least 2 days).
Contrary to popular belief, I did, in fact, give her a Book of Mormon. I told the missionaries if they were looking for something to do they could find me a Polish language one to give to her. A few weeks later they handed it to me with smiles of anticipation beaming across their faces.
I delivered it before Christmas. She was on the phone. I handed it to her, we both laughed, and I went home. I know, not the most spiritual exchange, but you take what you get.
A few days later I went over to visit and I saw that the book was open on the table. Surprised, I asked if she was reading it.
"Of course, you don't get book and not read."
"What do you think?"
She liked it better than the Bible; it was easier to read and understand.
"But why they ruin it with chopping guy's head off?"
She couldn't get past the killing of Laban. I tried to explain why it was for the greater good, but she was disgusted that God (who wrote the Ten Commandments) would order someone to murder. Apparently, this is a similar issue she has with the Bible.
End of discussion.
1 comment:
It makes me sad that the only neighbor story I have is that the old man next door bought our truck for sale. Yours makes me think I should move to get more exotic neighbors.
Post a Comment