Sunday, March 29, 2009

John Stories Part I

I have always loved children's artwork. I love my children's artwork even more. John has become quite the little author and has been illustrating his verbal stories for me.

I love that we finally got a scanner so I can immortalize these pictures with their accompanying stories.
This is a picture of a skeleton and a yo-yo. You can make up your own story-- I just like skeleton's ribs,knee caps, cheek bones and teeth.
This is a trip our family will take to Castlewood Canyon this summer in our new motor home (Jared and his mom, aka "Grammie", have been planting the motor home seed for a while, there are no real plans to buy one). Daddy will fish, John will hike and do some rock climbing, and Grammie and Kitty will walk around. Notice I am conspicuously absent... although he did tell me there is a cave where Indians used to live, maybe I'm in there.



This is a story about a secret room in our house that John discovers when he reclines in Daddy's chair. He slides back and falls down a passage to the room that is dark and filled with skeletons, bones, and mummies. He takes a skeleton back with him and gives it to Daddy who is grossed out and throws it in the trash. John retrieves it from the trash, cleans it off, and displays it in his room.

No comments: