The other day I swallowed hard and began the conversation I had been putting off.
"Hey Bogda, I keep meaning to tell you you're famous," I said.
"I know. Everyone in Castle Rock knows me because they see me walking," she was matter of fact.
"No, I mean you are internationally* famous."
"Why?" She sat back and rested her arms atop her ample bosoms, interested to hear my explanation. I have tried to sit contentedly like that, but my bosoms are not of the arm supporting caliber.
"Well it all started with your pickle soup..." I took a bite of the chicken soup she had just served me even though I had told her I wasn't hungry. Trying to explain a blog to someone who doesn't know how to use a mouse, let alone turn on a computer was more difficult than I expected.
"It's like a diary or journal that you can share with all your friends and family. I mentioned you and your pickle soup and now everyone wants to meet you."
I explained how Blake and Lindsay both asked about her in their recent visit from North Carolina.
"North Carolina? They should go find Barbara (her sister-in-law who, coincidentally, lives there) she will give them pickle soup. But wait. I think they are on vacation, and she tries to cook healthy anyway. Never mind."
*I would like to thank Trixie for putting my blog into the "international" category.
4 comments:
It's probably a good thing she didn't get it. Does she really want to read about her bosoms on your blog :)
and out of curiousity--you are telling her because...? I sometimes wonder my own obligation when I mention people who I know will never come across my blog, but still...let me know how it ends up.
I'm glad you told her. I'm just waiting for the weather to cool down, then I plan to knock at her door and ask for pickle soup.
I do what I can to help spread the wisdom of Bogda on this side of the Pond. So far people just look at me like I'm making this stuff up. Thanks for the shout-out. I'm off to write something on my blog...
Post a Comment