I get bored when I don't post for a while. Here are a few things I've thought about posting but then the trek downstairs got the better of me. (Never, ever buy a split-level house if you think you might ever need crutches.)
- Imagine my joy when I looked at the DVR list and saw that a new episode of Pushing Daisies showed up! I like the clever dialogue and dream of living in the world in which it takes place, kind of a mid-century modern metropolis. I love how the pies are in wooden slide-top boxes. I love the two aunts, especially the one with the eye-patch. I love the costumes, I love Emerson Cod, and I love the narrator. There is nothing else like it on TV. I was relieved to see that it was brought out of cancellation during these summer months when all there is left to watch is So You Think You Can Dance?
- Jared is a slave to his tools. He constantly needs a better tool to accomplish anything. Last night he was making instant pudding and was wondering why we didn't have an old fashioned egg beater so he could stir the pudding. If he didn't want the pudding so badly he would have dropped everything just to go buy one. I am discovering that this is partly why so many projects go unfinished.
- Bogda is a slave to her tools as well. Except she won't get any that might make her job easier or more efficient. She put up crown molding with a miter box and a hand saw. But that's not what I was going to say. I read on the school supply list that her kids need to have two USB thumb drives for their classes. This means that she is going to have to figure out how to actually turn on her computer very soon. And I can guarantee that she won't be happy about it...
- Mo Rocca now has a regular spot as a commentator on CBS News Sunday Morning-- a new reason to tune into your parent's favorite Sunday morning show.
That's enough for now. So much to say about nothing...
3 comments:
oh how we love us some pushing daisies...
love love love the background-and reading the new post. I am so excited about the prospect of seeing you and your kids this summer!
you watch cbs sunday morning????!!!! and listen to npr???!!!!
I am starting to wonder more and more about you. maybe you were adopted....
The picture of the Sunday Morning sun just brought back some memories. You know I love news shows but that one used to drive me crazy-it seems sooo ssllooww. But, I love Mo Rocca so maybe I will tune in when I don't have church at 8:30 AM-or just don't have church!
Post a Comment