First of all, today was a true day off for me-- thanks to my Mother-in-law who had both the kids. I live for days like today, so thank you Sandy!
I skipped working out this morning to laze around and finish reading The Help. This is the kind of book you take with you once you finish. It has been a long time since I've read a book in which I've felt immersed in the story. I want to go back in time and meet the characters. It is the kind of book that explains why people form book clubs. I have been thinking about it all day... Anyway, worth the guilt I felt as I finally stepped into the shower at 11:45.
The other day the new SPROUTS market opened in our little town. Katherine and I went to check it out. One raspberry honey stick and several yogurt pretzels later, we were at the cashier to pay for our abundant produce. Only then did I realize I left my wallet in the car. I glanced back at the endless line and apologized to the cashier. Luckily he was able to suspend the sale while I got my card, and move on to the next person in line. When we got back into the store our bags were sitting against the wall waiting for us. I instructed Katherine to stay there while I went to pay. When I finished cutting in line to pay, I turned around to see Kitty sitting ON TOP of one of our bags like it was a little stool. Needless to say, we have a lot of bruised produce at our house... the worst off are the bananas, a few even squished open.
Oh and by the way, my new dream career would be doing what the guys from American Pickers do. They go around sifting through people's (usually some old guy with a farm's) junk offering to buy some of it. Then they sell it for profit. Only I wouldn't be so irritating and I wouldn't be on TV and I wouldn't be so dorky.
Is it ironic that I watched American Pickers and then switched over to Hoarders?
I skipped working out this morning to laze around and finish reading The Help. This is the kind of book you take with you once you finish. It has been a long time since I've read a book in which I've felt immersed in the story. I want to go back in time and meet the characters. It is the kind of book that explains why people form book clubs. I have been thinking about it all day... Anyway, worth the guilt I felt as I finally stepped into the shower at 11:45.
The other day the new SPROUTS market opened in our little town. Katherine and I went to check it out. One raspberry honey stick and several yogurt pretzels later, we were at the cashier to pay for our abundant produce. Only then did I realize I left my wallet in the car. I glanced back at the endless line and apologized to the cashier. Luckily he was able to suspend the sale while I got my card, and move on to the next person in line. When we got back into the store our bags were sitting against the wall waiting for us. I instructed Katherine to stay there while I went to pay. When I finished cutting in line to pay, I turned around to see Kitty sitting ON TOP of one of our bags like it was a little stool. Needless to say, we have a lot of bruised produce at our house... the worst off are the bananas, a few even squished open.
Oh and by the way, my new dream career would be doing what the guys from American Pickers do. They go around sifting through people's (usually some old guy with a farm's) junk offering to buy some of it. Then they sell it for profit. Only I wouldn't be so irritating and I wouldn't be on TV and I wouldn't be so dorky.
Is it ironic that I watched American Pickers and then switched over to Hoarders?
4 comments:
Oh that show horders gives me the willies!!! some of them make me want to thorw up and the others make me want to get rid of everything in my house!!! At least she didnt sit on the bread!
Ooh, I'm so excited about the new Sprouts! I can't wait to check it out!
Seriously you and Nathan should watch t.v. and listen to MPR together...
I loved The Help too! Maybe they will make a movie. Of course it can't be as good as the book and we'll be disappointed!
You know I love Hoarders and Intervention. I missed both last night except for a small portion of Hoarders and the lady was very mean and mouthy!
Post a Comment