
Tonight John said the blessing on the food; it went a little something like this:
"... Please bless everyone else's food... And please bless that I won't have to eat this disgusting meal... And please bless that mommy will give me something else to eat... that I ACTUALLY like..."
As the meal progressed he said, "I wish I were in China."
"Why?"
"Because in China it isn't polite to eat your whole meal."
Later... "This should be called Garbage-sewage Spaghetti instead of Heavenly Spaghetti."
At least he had one bite and didn't puke all over the table this time.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, I swear John lives at my house in G's body! It's like, doesn't it just make you so mad? But then you have to laugh and love their strong personality so what to do? F loved your post btw. He was convinced that was something our G would say. How clever/infuriating are those sons of ours? And why do we even bother cooking when it would be so easy to sub in Taco Bell every night--you know some people are doing it!
I'm sure in the moment that might not of been oh-so-funny...but from a bystander...that's pretty whitty of that ole' John! He's a thinker that one...
Where does he come up with this garbage-sewer stuff?! Sophia threw a huge fit last night and wouldn't eat her cheese enchilada although all it had in was cheese, sour cream and black beans. All ingredients that she loves. She just wants to eat mac and cheese every single day! UGGHHHGGHHH! I love the prayer by the way. I guess that was not a lesson in prayers being answered...
Just send John to my house one night for dinner...it should cure his garbage spaghetti theory! I would love to hear what he would say about my cooking, never mind, her probably would puke all over my table!
Post a Comment