Sunday, February 14, 2010

What is real


Happy Valentimes Day from Kitty!


In all my multitude of years I've learned a little something about Valentine's Day: It's about what's real.


I had a LOT of lonely Valentine's Days and had convinced myself that if I had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day that would be the most romantic, unforgettable day...


Then came the Valentines' when I did have someone... and I did get some nice gifts... but it all felt so FLAT.


Not what I had imagined in my little Fairy Tale (or is it Tail?).


Now I see that for me, it's not about the flowers, chocolates, dinners, etc. It is about the feeling of knowing every day that I love my family and that they love me.


It's nice to have a day to step back and appreciate that.



3 comments:

Ford Family said...

Ahhh...Happy Valentines Day!

Beth Freestone said...

Whoa whoa whoa. What is that cute shower curtain?! I wish I had a shower cap to match!!

Cara said...

So true, I didnt get anything for V day, but I really didnt want to get flowers or chocolate, case thats what everyone does. My hubby did get me a belt buckle! He knew I have been wanting one, now thats true love!