Saturday, January 3, 2009

More Polish food...

New Year's Eve at Bogda's was a feast. I took pictures of the spread so Elise could reminisce and imagine the smells from her stint in Russia. Of course Bogda made enough food for at least 200 people but only invited 12. I didn't get pictures of the huge pots of beans and a sauerkraut type dish that she had been storing outside in the cold until everyone arrived. She made us all come back the following evening for dinner (you can't say no to Bogda). Yesterday she sent me home with three more dishes full of food. I've never had so much cabbage in my entire life. It's all pretty good, if not a nice change of pace. I have yet to make dinner this year- I can't complain!

Cabbage rolls, aka Golabki



Pirogy, stuffed with meat and rice, or potato and cheese

Yum! Kitty loves pirogy!

2 comments:

Shay Brackney said...

Honestly...where do I get me a neighbor like this??? ;)

Elise said...

Oh the Torture!! Pirogy AKA Varenyki, and Cabbage Rolls are two of my most favorite dishes. So cruel. I think I drooled a little.
I like Cabbage. Just don't like what it does to my intestines.