I am copying again. I liked a list that my friend Elise included a month or so ago, and since I have no other inspiration to write anything I am going to write my list. Here are some little known tidbits about me.
- I envisioned myself as a mother being like Donna Reed, June Cleaver, and Marion Cunningham. I still aspire to wear a shirt dress every day and have cookies and milk for my kids when they get home from school.
- I don't always wash my face before bed. I used to do this religiously and then I had children.
- Along the same vein, I have a new habit of wearing the same outfit twice in a row. It really helps that decision of what to wear in the morning if you already decided the day before.
- I rarely fix my own plate of breakfast or lunch. I just nibble off my kid's plates. It is to the point where I have to sneak a bite before John notices and yells at me.
- I once believed living the life of Daisy from The Great Gatsby was more suited to me than living in a tent in the desert (which was what I was doing at the time).
- I am in denial that my hair is actually dark. I was blond when I was 6.
- I was a Thespian in High School.
- I bite my children. I can't help it, I have to nibble their cheeks and now Kitty asks to bite mine.
- I once thought falling off the top bunk and breaking my arm would be a better alternative than taking the final test in my Fencing class (I didn't do it).
- I always dreaded Field Day, especially any relay races. I had serious anxiety about it.
- I am an NPR junkie. I look forward to "Wait, wait, don't tell me" and "This American Life" every week. In a different life I would be a contributor on both programs and I would be best friends with Ira Glass, Sarah Vowel, and Moe Rocca.
- The Jerky Boys crack me up every time.
- In high school I scored a basket for the other team.
- As a child I thought beige VW beetles were the same color as chewed Trident gum.
- I was a thumb sucker until just before 4th grade.
- I tried to learn how to spit like a boy, thank heavens I couldn't figure it out.
- My recurring dream involves a man in a top hat flushing me down the toilet.
2 comments:
First of all I miss you!
Second of all I'm sure not many people have any idea what you are talking about on 11. But thanks to Nathan I do.
Have you read any of Sarah Vowels books...? "Assasination Vacation" is one of my favorites..she's a hoot!
Post a Comment