Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth... unless...


Can you sense the excitement?














Unless you try to go the same day you get up at 4 am to catch a two hour flight,
struggle through the airport,
ride the shuttle,
wait at least an hour for the rental car,
cram into the rental,
stop for an emergency hot dog,
argue about which freeway combination would be the best route at this time of day,
drive-thru one more time for the people who did not need the emergency hot dog,
finally arrive,
pay $12 to park,
spend another 30 minutes in a traffic jam in the parking structure,
ride the tram to the park,
get in the slowest moving ticket line,
and then another to rent the stroller.
Then, and only then, did the fun begin.
Some pictures of the quickest trip to Disney Land on record...
Kitty was feeling a little shy to go see Minnie Mouse
It helped to have daddy there too.

At first I didn't know who she was, but Kitty quickly said, "It's the fairy godmother!"



John and Sandy on the bumper cars at Bug's World, California Adventure

4 comments:

korie said...

Looks like it wasn't too bad. I think I saw a few smiles in there. Next time call up some of your friends who can pick you up at the airport, know which freeway to take, know where to get better then a hot dog, lone you a stroller for free, and well you get the picture.

Elise said...

Dude- That is awesome. I love that you admit to arguing with your husband....What, you're not one of those people who never, ever raises their voice in disagreement? I'm shocked. I thought all "moron" wives were demure.
We've been considering a Disney land trip as well....I think we will wait.

Shay Brackney said...

So so fun! to just jump in and go to Disney! :) We're going for Christmas...I'm sure the joy will overflow...right? ;)

Beth Freestone said...

I like the lady behind John in the first picture!