Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The next toddler to wear a tiara.


Kitty's recital was on Saturday. She did a tap dance to Good Ship Lollipop (think simple, NOT quite Shirley Temple). She did a great job when she wasn't trying to tell the girl next to her that she was on the wrong mark.

The best (or worst) part of the dance was the very end when the girls each picked up a REAL lollipop that they got to keep. They had practiced for months, never with the real thing. Kitty was so excited about the real lollipop that would be there for her performance. Unfortunately, the props people miscounted and Katherine did not have a lollipop in front of her to pick up. As any good dancer would do, she faked it but she was betrayed by her expression. She was the saddest, most disappointed sailor up there. As they were led off the stage I saw her immediately try to tell them that she did not get a lollipop. Luckily they had it waiting for her just off stage and the world was right again.

I thought she looked so cute in her little sequins and flesh colored tights. But I realize there is a fine line between "cute" and "toddler pageant cute"... all we have to do now is wait for her "flipper" and we'll be in the circuit.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

That costume is adorable. That is one thing I will miss with boys, dance recitals. Having a closet full of costumes you only wear once is a right of passage.

The quilt is called a stacked coin pattern and it was the easiest top I have ever made. Just look at online pics, read, choose a size for your strips, and viola! It's fun putting all the patterns together.

Elise said...

Ahhhh ha ha ha- that picture is so awesome!

Yo said...

she looks so dang cute in her little outfit - bet you and Jared were proud:)

Cindy said...

She is so cute, but I can't quite picture you as a pageant mom.

Ford Family said...

When did you get your pic's? I didnt get Bella's. Anyway, so cute! Seem's worth it now that all is said and done, right?

The Harts said...

OH my goodness, that is adorable!!! The costume, the pose, the hair... love it :)