Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ain't no sunshine.

Granted, the window might be dirty, but it's also snowing out there.

The weather is the worst it has been for years.  I promise it is.  We have totally skipped spring this year.  Spring- my favorite time of the year- skipped.  Winter took over and won't let go. 

Today the newscasters were laughing about how we have had a record 7 months of winter.  Laughing.  Like it's funny.  It snowed October 10 and we have had cold, sunshineless days since.  And guess what?  I grew up here so don't tell me, "Welcome to Colorado" with a smug smile.  This is not typical.

And do you know what the difference is?  Sunshine and 70 degree weather.  That is what has me down, there is no sunshine. We have had maybe two good days in the high 60s. The dominating temperature has been 53 degrees.

Back in the day Spring meant sunny mornings with birds singing.  There was a fresh smell in the air as I made the short walk to my high school.  Spring brought with it the impending end to the school year, lunch outside, and an attempt at a tan.  Later, when I was in college Spring happiness intensified.  Hundreds of students would sit on the greening grass to study.  Spontaneous Frisbee games would put me on edge, but then so did people tossing a football.

I am crabby, moody, and grouchy.  I need the Spring.  I needed it two months ago when it was supposed to arrive in fits and starts.

5 comments:

alana said...

I'm sooo glad I read this...to know there's possibly hope for next year. Inside I'm just crawling because I can't take much more of this. No. You are right. Not funny.

korie said...

All I can say is sorry.

And don't read my blog this weekend...

And maybe you could petition FOR Global Warming?

Beth Freestone said...

I hear ya sister. I am so grouchy about it. The difference this year is we have had a few nice (usually windy) days sprinkled in among the cold, windy, snowy days. Usually we have nice days with a day of snow here or there. This spring has totally sucked it up!

Ford Family said...

Seriously...this spring sucks! In my current condition I can't complain too much. I would much rather have cold and depressing over hot sweaty and miserable. Don't worry, I am sure that is in next weeks forecast!

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this. Mother's Day is supposed to be our safe day here. When you know you can start buying flowers without the worry of snow anymore. :(